Saturday, November 5, 2011

Today's LSD Run

 
Today I went for a Long Slow Distance run and completed 10.56 miles in 1:30 min.  I didn't get the chance to do the marathon I wanted to do last month due to some work issues having to work on Saturday for EIB training for my guys.  But I'm going to do one the 20th of this month finally.  I am pretty excited about this I ran my first Half Marathon in August completing the North Face Endurance Challenge Half Marathon.  It was brutal, but I finished it without walking .  It will be freezing here in Kansas when I attempt this full Marathon in a couple weeks but I wont let that stop me.  I'm not planning on a super fast pace but just to finish it.  I'm not a fast runner by any means but want to work my way up to being fast in simple 5K's and 10K's and moderate at a half marathon.  I'm focused on reaching a 100 mile race hopefully before I leave for the "Stan" next year.  This is a HUGE goal of mine and don't know where it will lead me but I want it.  What are your goals? Are you pushing your self to your so called limits?  Or are you doing what 99.9% of Americans are doing and sitting on the coach not lifting, running, or training there bodies at all?  Notice people die every day because they either stop working and have nothing to look forward to in the days after they retire from there jobs or they slowly die sitting on the couch getting fat and unhealthy.  Get up and do something fun act like a kid again, it will bring happiness to your life again. 

No comments: