Sunday, November 23, 2008

Proof you should train your Grip.

I often post my grip strength training on here in hopes that more people will pick up on this unheard of sport. Most of my friends laugh and think its crazy and why train even after I tell them why and how and show proof well if this isn't proof then I don't know what is. This is a post the Diesel Crew Check it out.

Here is a guest post from Shane Swing. Recently he caught a college football game in which Grip strength pretty much became the deciding factor in the win. Here's what he had to say:

"Leading by 1 point with just seconds left to play, all Texas Longhorn cornerback, Curtis Brown, had to do was grab Texas Tech’s wide receiver, Michael Crabtree, wrap him up, and fall down to allow his team to retain their #1 ranking.

As fate would have it, Mr. Brown apparently is not a grip enthusiast, thus his grip failed miserably and his team lost the game.

Read the rest and watch the video here.

No comments: